Trade Club Tech Tips - 7/30/2015 12:00:00 AM
2.0 Diesel Insignia and Astra J Oil filter replacement procedure
It is vital that the following key points from the service instructions are adhered to at all times.
Failure to do so may result in oil leaks, and in severe cases smoke & potential thermal damage caused by oil residue on the exhaust system.
- Special service tool EN-49377 Oil retainer must be used to channel any escaping oil into a suitable container during oil filter removal
- A New seal ring on the oil filter housing cap must be used at ALL times
- A thin coating of clean engine oil should be applied to the new seal ring when installed
- Lubrication must be applied to the threads of the oil filter housing cap prior to installation. Failure to do this may hinder later removal and cause possible damage to the oil filter housing cap
- Correct fastening of the oil filter cap is mandatory. Failure to tighten the oil filter cap to the correct specification may hinder later removal and cause possible damage to the oil filter housing cap
All traces of oil residue should be thoroughly wiped away after the operation has been completed and a check for leaks should be performed after engine start-up.